Monday, October 13, 2008

Come on Get Happy

We've only had a nip of Fall but the recent balmy weather made me think of blooms. I went back through Spring 09 RTW and pulled some favorites. These collections make me happy. After this I'm walking to the flower market and buying something colorful. You should too.

Basso & Brooke
I love the massive bobby pin hair pieces, carved platforms and sculptural obi belts. When you have so much going on, it helps to accentuate the waist. A belt does the job but so does a visual trick like the diagonal line created by contrasting colors/prints (top right). I also love a sleek, colorful one-piece with a great belt... classic.


























Erdem
Painted fabrics... these remind of me of the oily stickers I collected as a little girl... and my favorite picture books The Fisherman and the Sea, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, Where the Wild Things Are... all romance and nostalgia.
























House of Holland
The polka dots, the bike shorts under jean shorts, the little hat worn back on the head, the cuffed jeans, the sport bra, the matching mini skirt and denim jacket... Henry Holland loves the 80's. I threw in the bloomer onesie becasue I love bloomers, and onesies.

No comments:

Post a Comment