Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trends to Watch: Rompers

I'm loving the romper/ playsuit trend this spring/summer! How about you? Are you wearing them? If so, with what kind of shoe? Chunky heels, stilettos, or tennis shoes?
Above photo- Worn with tennis shoes. Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear Trovata - Runway

Worn with chunky heels. Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear BCBG Max Azria - Runway

Worn with an ankle boot. Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear Alexandre Herchcovitch - Runway


Worn with stilettos. Gossip Girl's Blake Lively at a CW event.

Photos via style.com and justjared.com

3 comments:

  1. I'm not personally into it but looks great shown above. I need to see if I have any in my shop, I can't remember!

    Ang @ www.dorotheasclosetvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved rompers. I was wearing them over 10 years ago. The shoe really depends on the romper: sneakers look cute with a casual romper (just beware of looking like a big baby, which can happen if the crotch is too short).

    I'm excited they're so in style now. The variety makes it easier to match up a great mix of shoes. I love the idea of ankle boots. For a more casual, downtown feel, short motorcycle boots would be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the variety too! Suit your mood and event!

    ReplyDelete