Friday, April 17, 2009

Suits, Jackets, Trousers: Structure is Back

I've always preferred pants to skirts. I have a closet full of blazers, button-down shirts. The trend toward boyish looks (cut-offs, worn tees, vests) made me happy, but the recent explosion of suits, jackets, and trousers on runways, front rows and red carpets is thrilling. This is my kind of style. Glam up your structure with gorgeous heels and standout accessories. A well-tailored black suit will take you anywhere, but you can really have some fun with eye-popping colors (my fave is the royal blue and poppy red Gucci ensemble below, but you can easily try this style with affordable pieces from Gap, H&M or Uniqlo).




Gucci's creative director Frida Giannini says:

“I don’t care about the red carpet. At this moment it is much more interesting to have a rock star wear my clothes.”

This is why Gucci has, once again, successfully remade itself.

Adapted from New York Times "The Boyfriend Suit Makes a Comeback" (4/13/09). Photo of Gucci suit from nytimes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment