Sunday, February 04, 2007

Studio: A Look Inside the Cutting Room

Whenever I talk to my customers about a particular designer--their philosophy, their inspiration, their drive, their dog/cat/turtle--I feel an instantaneous click. Suddenly, the designer is a real person who shares their (and my) interests, loves, fears and goals. I love sharing glimpses into a designer's life, especially as I get to you know you as customers, because it is just that personal aspect that I'm fascinated with, and those relationships I feel so lucky to have. Lately I've started taking photos of some of the studio spaces of the designers Unsung works with, so you can get an idea of what they do every day. I hope you enjoy this new feature (and feel free to let me know if you'd like me to focus on any specific areas).

It all happens here. Many designers have old-fashioned sewing machines that weigh a ton!
















Every designer has a place to keep clippings of things that inspire them.
















Spring looks taking form.

No comments:

Post a Comment